Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Colour of Rain

I was inspired (let's be honest: I swooned) by this quote from one of my favorite books, "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke.

"She wore a gown the colour of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets."

Such a beautiful image. It reminded me of the colors in these earrings (pale smoky quartz, and labradorite).
I guess I'll have to make a second pair to offer for sale, as I don't think I can give these up.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! They capture that exquisite feeling in that quote....I'd love to shee what you would design for the whole ensemble! the whole outfit!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you again. Thanks also for reminding me of that book, and that wonderful quote. Quite inspirational.

    ReplyDelete