Monday, January 18, 2010

A Bonanza of Buttons

Trust that the universe will provide, and the universe will provide. Not only did I enjoy quite respectable sales at galleries and shows this holiday season; but have received a bounteous supply of buttons as the new years begin. At one of the shows I met a generous young woman who'd collected a multitude of buttons at estate sales. She was cleaning things out, and ready to let go. Last week she dropped by to give them to me. Afterwards when I sat down to go through them, I was astounded by the volume and variety: mother-of-pearl, plastic, metal, walnut shells; all sizes, all shapes... hundreds of wonderful buttons. I felt as if I were sifting through a pirate's treasure chest, or that Santa had just come. And then there were more. A co-worker at my day job regularly haunts thrift stores, and she presented me with a stash of buttons she'd found. Not only that, but I've been commissioned to make her several pieces of jewelry from some of her favorites. I feel blessed, and grateful for all the folks who gather supplies for my work. And itching to get started on some new work to take advantage of my recent bounty.




No comments:

Post a Comment