Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Persephone Time

Well, it's that time again. The holidays approach, my hours at the day job increase, and I go into hibernation mode as far as art-making goes. I have just time and energy enough to go to work, eat, sleep. Maybe a hot bath at the end of a busy retail day. Everything else goes on the back burner until January. Fortunately, I enter this season on a high note: this past weekend I took my jewelry to the Arts Fair at the da Vinci Arts Middle School. It was a great show. I did pretty well, and had a lot of fun helping shoppers, looking at other folks' beautiful art, chatting with old friends, and making new ones. Sold a couple of my favorite pieces (one is shown above). It was especially enjoyable to be placed next to another artist who makes wonderful jewelry with bottle caps and jar lids. Our approaches are quite different though our materials are similar; a bottle cap exchange party is in the planning stages. So, with that to look forward to, I set my art activities aside for the rest of December (my Etsy shop is on vacation as well). I'll be back in action, with some fresh energy and new ideas. In the meantime, my work is available at The Real Mother Goose and Guardino Gallery in Portland, Mary Lou Zeek Gallery in Salem, and The Artshop at the Corvallis Art Center. See you in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment