Tuesday, March 8, 2011





Time once again for the annual Buckman Art Show & Sell - for me, that's always a harbinger of spring. New life, new ideas. I'll be there with my jewelry: collage pendants, gemstone beads & pearls, and Brew Buttons. I have some new styles available in the Brew Button line. In addition to the holed buttons with nuts'n'bolts, there are new pendants and pins using interesting shank buttons layered onto one or more bottle caps (shown in top photo). Because they cost less to make in materials and labor, I'm able to offer them at a lower price point than the bolted variety. I also have some new pins using vintage dominoes with buttons or old jewelry parts (shown in center photo).


Another new thing: I've recently had my business and jewelry cards redesigned and will be debuting the new look at Buckman. They're fresh and bright and show off the jewelry to its best advantage. (My graphic designer is the very talented Morgan Harrington. Feel free to contact me if you're interested in using her services!) The cards, with jewelry, are shown in the bottom photo.


My next post will be about my drawings. I did manage to complete another one before I had to throw myself into show preparations, but have had time only to contemplate what the subject of the next one will be. Once Buckman is over, I'll carve out some time to begin a new one. I can't wait to lay out that large, white sheet of paper and start out on the tightrope walk that is drawing. In the meantime, I hope to see you at Buckman: Friday, March 11 - 5 pm to 9 pm, and Saturday, March 12 - 10 am to 5 pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment